ZVA 12-28 BAND
Norbert Červenák – guitar, vocals
Stanislav Fakan – violin, percussion
Ladislav Červenák- contrabass
Peter Krško – drums
Even though ZVA 12-28 Band celebrated their 28th anniversary in 2018, they still make fresh authentic blues on an interpretative and instrumental level. The band is characterized by its charismatic vocals and guitar style of its leader and founder Norbert Červenák, sentimental and inventive violin skills of Stanislav Fakan, and original and groovy interpretations by the contrabass player Ladislav Červenák and drummer Peter Krško.
Colorful and rhythmical approach, settings and sound is ZVA 12-28’s native tongue standing above typical Central-European blues-rock clichés. The band draws on the native blues traditions of such legends as Little Walter, Howlin’ Wolf, Willie Dixon and so forth, using modern and original elements of shuffle & boogie and funk. It layers catchy beats on a unique approach to blues standards, but the strength of the band lies in its mainly original production, which has been culminating since the band’s existence. Since 2005 they have managed to release four original albums containing a fusion of typical blues modality with modality found in traditional Slovakian folklore. Albums can be found on Indies Records website: http://indies.eu/umelci/45/zva-12-28-band/.The band performs 60 to 70 concerts annually, generally in clubs or at festivals in Slovakia and Czech Republic, but also in Poland, Austria and Hungary.
- 1990 – Formation of the band
- 1990 – 18th of August: Their first performance
- 1990 – 1991 – The band began playing its blues repertoire in Zvolen and its surroundings and experienced its first contact with the Bratislava and Trnava blues scene including public performances at Kominárska Club and Blues Slovakia Festival ’91
- 1992 – The band recorded their first studio demo album with mostly original blues songs. 1994: The band co-operated on the project of the Blues Society (Bluesová spoločnosť) contributing three songs, including „Ach to je baba“ („Oh, this is a girl“)
- 1994 – 2001 – The band performed in music festivals around Slovakia; with regular participation at the Livin’ Blues and Blues Slovakia Trnava festivals
- 2000 – An „unofficial“ CD „Neviem to vydržať“ („I cant stand it“) was released; ‚The Band of the Year 2001‘ award was received by the Slovakian Blues Society
- 2001 – The first tour abroad to Czech Republic. Their new CD received 6 stars by prestigious Czech music magazine Rock & Pop
- 2002 – The band performed at Noc Bluesowa Festival in Poland – a victory at international competition; Blues v lese and Blues Alive festivals). They played concerts in Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary and Slovakia. Their second album „Live in Stará Pekárna“ is released and Noro Červenák receives the „Bluesman of the Year 2000“ award by the Slovakian Blues Society
- 2005 – The album „Hrubá múka” (Indies Records) highly regarded critics and audience
- 2005 – 2007 – numerous performances in clubs and summer festivals around the Czech Republic, Poland, Austria and Slovakia (festivals: Blues v lese, Colours of Ostrava, Music in the Park, and Vyšehraní; They perform in a jam-session with Ten Years After
- 2007 – The album „Za fúzy ma poťahaj“ („Tug my whiskers“) is released; ‚Bluesman of the Year of 2007‘ by the Slovakian Blues Society awarded
- 2008 – Boris Čiampor (a harmonica player) leaves the band and is replaced by Stanislav Fakan on violin
- 2010 – The album „Z ruky zobať“ is released; the band attends foreign music festivals Colours of Ostrava, Blues Alive in Šumperk and Jesienią z Blueasom in Polish Bialystok
- 2011 – from the poll: www.slovakblues.com „Most Popular bluesman and blues group in Slovakia in general (regardless of year 2010): ZVA 12-28 Band“
- 2012 DVD album a concert recording from Prievidza – „Live in Kazačok“
- 2015 – The album „Šibenica frajerka“ is released; Winners of the public vote organized portal Bluesmusic.sk: Most popular CD in 2015 „Šibenica frajerka“.
- 2016 – performing at LIVIN ‘BLUES festivals in Bratislava, FESTIVAL GUČA UMENIA – Zvolenská Slatina, VALAŠSKÝ ŠPALÍČEK, BLUESROADS FESTIVAL KRAKOW, winner of the public vote organized by Bluesmusic.sk in category: Most Popular Group in 2016.
- 2017 – performing at ZNOJMO JAZZFEST FESTIVAL, FESTIVAL OF INTELLECTUAL HEALTH – DETVA, ĎUMBIER FEST BREZNO, FESTIVAL HDD HRIŇOVÁ, KOMM-FEST WIEN, ROCKSCAPE BANSKÁ BYSTRICA, GROOVE FEST TUŽINA, VRBOVSKÉ VETRY FESTIVAL, SITNO BLUES, CULTUREBOX – ZVOLEN, ŠRAMLFEST ZNOJMO, KREMNICKÉ GAGY. Winner of the public vote organized by Bluesmusic.sk in the category: Most Popular Group in 2017
- 2018 – winners of the poll organized by Bluesmusic.sk in categories: Most popular group; The most popular singer; Most popular instrumentalist.